Monday, 24 December 2012

A Stunning Read

As you all now be aware I am a WWII history nut. Books on the Eastern Front and on Germany are in particular my favourite. This next book blew me away when I read it, as it gives you a great feel on what it was like to live in Berlin during the war. The human story is what interest me the most, how people react and behave in the face of a total war.


Berlin at War by Roger Moorhouse


This book is a shining example in a sea of books of World War II history. Roger Moorhouse manages to bring wartime Berlin to life in the readers mind.
The book is exhaustedly researched and covers a wide range of topics. The author brings together both personal accounts and academic research into a Tour de force. From the dreams of the Third Reich to build a capital like no other, to the day to day struggle for survival of the normal citizens, this book is an addictive read.

5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an outstanding book! I am most fascinated with the lives of the German citizens during the fall of the Third Reich. I've added to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives you a great feel for what it was like to live in the Berlin as the Third Reich crumbled.

    ReplyDelete