Thursday, 31 January 2013

Here Kitty Kitty!


Beginning of the End: Apocalypse Z by Manel Loureiro

This book was originally in Spanish and I would like to thank whoever translated it into English. Simply put this book rocks and ticks all the boxes for me. The story is told in a first person perspective as blog and journal entries, this works really well for this story. The story starts with a mysterious viral outbreak in Russia that quickly spreads across the world. What does the virus do? It turns people into Zombies.

We are taken through the breakdown of society as the world succumbs to the rule of the dead. The story of our hero is one of survival and despair as he tries to find a haven safe from the Zombies. I am not going to reveal too much of the plot because I do not want to spoil the fun. One thing I will say is our hero has companion throughout the story and it is a cat. It may be the fact that I am not a cat lover, but I kept waiting for the cat to become Zombie chow. All in all a very refreshing and entertaining read.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment