Monday, 28 January 2013

Ramblings of a Book Addict part 1


You may or may not have noticed that a lot of the books review on here gets a good rating. Why is this I hear you ask? It is due to yet another symptom of my book addiction. I spend a lot of time reading about books and authors and checking out other peoples reviews. My thought process behind this is that with so many books out there, why waste time with a crap one. It is true that I have done a few first time reviews but in these cases the author has impressed me either with their sell on the book, or their previous books.

With all this in mind, I am a sucker for an awesome book cover; it kicks in my compulsive buying gene.  Also as seen in a few of my reviews just because a book has sold well doesn't guarantee mean I will follow the herd.  A crap book is a crap book and I don't want to waste my time reading how good someone thinks they are. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comments Michael. I am often asked if I ever read any books that I don't like. I employ the same strategy as you do and select what I'm going to dedicate my time to based on reviews of others. There are too many great books and too little time to invest in reading something that is average at best.
    Love your blog BTW.

    Christie
    TBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying my blog Christie :)

    When I read a crap book I want to take it back and get a refund on the time I wasted on it.

    ReplyDelete