Tuesday, 26 March 2013

BAM!!!! A Shining Example Of What The Indie Author Revolution Is About


Wasteland By Keith Crews

One highly entertaining and engaging read. The book starts off with the main character dead and what a great place to start. The former Mafia hit man finds himself in a bar in the afterlife and partaking in a drinking game like no other, three drinks, three questions and the promise of redemption. This part of the book acts as a great platform for the reader to explores the hit man's past and the choices that lead him to the bar. I found myself engrossed in his story only to be pulled back to the bar just like the hit man and then dunked right back into the action. All in all a great story and concept extremely well executed. This book is a great example of what the indie author revolution has to offer.

5 Stars


About the Author

I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1967. I have been writing for more than a decade and I would be the first to admit that, like my writing, I am a work in progress. Personally I have found that the best way to learn the craft is to read the work of other writers.

I am a machinist by trade. During the 1990s I lived in Calgary, Alberta, where I manufactured parts for the evil oil industry. From there, I moved to Guelph, Ontario, where I made parts for both the automotive and print industry before ultimately returning home to Halifax, where I currently manufacture parts for the aerospace industry.

Exploring Canada was a great learning experience as well as an excellent opportunity to meet a wide range of people. During my “wandering years” – as I've come to call them – I never once lost sight of what I really wanted to do with my life, and that is to write popular fiction. I continually practice and hone my literary skills in an effort to score the one big break that would cement my career as a professional writer. Suffice it to say, I am still waiting on that lucky break. Until then I will keep on doing what I love doing—writing!

Perhaps over the course of the next dozen novels or so, I will write that one great treasure. Until then I ask that you join me as together we search for that one great piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment