Tuesday, 12 March 2013

My Darkest Confession


Well I might as well come out and share my dark secret with you all and this one has nothing to do with books. The reason it is so dark, is because Mrs Lazy Book Reviewer makes me keep it in the wardrobe. So what is it I hear you ask, what disturbed fetish this man have that is best kept in the wardrobe. I am a Metal fan I love my music turned to 11 and head banging to I am sick. The wife she does not like the metal at all. This is the reason why I am forced into the wardrobe to worship and listen to the gods of metal. Let me tell you it gets mighty crowded in there when I bring in my Marshall amp stack and my Kerry King B.C Rich Ghost Draco guitar to jam along with.


The good wife does not want to hear or watch me listening to the music of the gods. She calls it a whole bunch of noise with someone shouting lyrics over the top. Lies I say but what more can I expect from a music heathen (no my wife does not read my blog). Metal is the modern day classic music. With musician extremely proficient and technical master of their instruments as well as music theory. I mean just listen to the way they dance around scales, their mastery of difficult rhythm patterns and the way each instrument entwines into a living beast.

You can take your Justin Beiber, One Direction and Usher and (contents removed due to vulgarity)!!!!! Give me old school Dio, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Slip Knot and Judas Priest. Bring me the new warriors such as Disturbed, Stone Sour, System of the Down, Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch and Parkway Drive. Join me in raising your fist and giving thanks to the god’s of metal. As Tenacious D sings “no one can kill the metal”, so with this in mind it is off to the wardrobe I go.
Below are some the tracks getting a workout on my Ipod at the moment. Turn up the volume until it hurts and enjoy








And last but not least a great Aussie metal Band 




1 comment: