Thursday, 4 April 2013

Indie Strikes Again

I am constantly amazed at the quality of work being self published today. Here is a shining example of what indie authors have to offer.


Spoon-Fed Addiction by Slivano Williams


I purchased this book on a whim and must admit I was not sold by the first chapter. But as soon as the narrative turned to that of the main character I nearly got whiplash as the story launched itself from the pages. This book may be only 114 pages but the author uses every page to maximum effect.

The story follows the last night of Adirans life and it is far from pretty and inspiring. A waster and low level drug user and abuser we follow him as his night spirals into a deluge of violence that makes no sense and has no purpose. You get such a great feeling of how out of control the events are that leads to his death. A book that resounds with me as I work in a place where I have to deal face to face with people whose way of life is violence.
I felt no sorrow for Adiran as his life ebbed away but this book left me with was thinking about where our society is at and where it is heading.

5 BIG STARS


About the Author

Silvano Williams was born in Puerto Rico in 1975 and moved to Houston, Texas during his teen years where he went to High School and College. Currently, he resides in Katy, Texas with his wife and two children.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review. I appreciate you taking the time to help us gain some exposure. Very happy you enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete