Tuesday, 7 May 2013

One Fantastic Read

Stiff by Mary Roach

This book was a fascinating and educational look at the history of human cadavers and how the livings have used them. This book is one of those rare reads and is the reason I love reading. It gives me a great insight on a subject matter where I had none before, and leaves me with a thirst to find out more. The author takes the rather macabre and serious subject of our mortal remains and looks at how they have been used to better society and save lives. I found Mary Roach strikes a nice balance of respect and humour in dealing with this socially taboo subject. From organ donations to human composting this book covers a wide subject matter and left me with a new outlook and thoughts and how best my corpse might help others.

5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I have added this to my TBR list. Congrats on passing the 6000 pageview mark on your blog!!
    I see you have "The Professor and the Madman" on your upcoming TBR list. I think you will really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the read. Also thanks for the congrats the pageviews are starting to pick up pace :)

    ReplyDelete