Saturday, 1 June 2013

A Shining Examle Of What Indie Authors Have To Offer

Mad Days Of Me: Finding Eivissa by Henry Martin

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on an advanced copy of this book, and boy I was pleased that I did. I started reading this book expecting the same explosive first chapter as the previous book in the series. But that was not to be, what I got instead was a seamless narrative which allowed me to very quickly get back into the story. Finding Eivssa manages to be a completely different type of book than the first while managing to keep the narrative flowing. I found it very hard to fit this book into a genre and that for me is a good thing. What I got was a refreshing read that was driven along by realistic characters and realistic relationships.

I found myself just reading another couple of pages to find out what was going to happen next and this is a sure sign of a great read. The main character is someone that I want things to go well for, and my heart was in my mouth every time it looked like thing were going pear shaped. The truly amazing aspect to this book was the fact it had a romantic thread to it. Normally this would have me running to the hills screaming like a banshee but in this book it had the reverse effect. I found the relationship it revolved around compelling and it added an extra layer to the plot. I can't wait to see were the last book in this trilogy takes me. If it is like the first two it will be somewhere unexpected and refreshing.

4 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Michael,

    Thank you for your kind words! I'm not sure when you plan to reach for book three, but I hope you'll enjoy that one as much as I enjoyed writing it.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I'm reading the first one and am enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete