Thursday, 4 July 2013

A Highly Entertaining Short Read


Squad 19 by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

This novella is a great little saunter back into the world of the Biomass revolution. The author manages to pack a great story into this little book. The characters and plot are well set out and quickly draw you in and that is the key to a great novella. I look forward to reading more from this author and I think that big things lay on his horizons.        

4.5 Stars


About the Author

I'm an honest gentleman. First and foremost. Second, I'm an author and public servant. What comes next? Well, I tend to have a bit of a problem with being an adrenaline junkie. Triathlons, adventure racing, marathons--anything that gets my heart rate up and the tingling feeling of pushing the limits. I've been biting off more than I can chew since I got my baby teeth.

When I'm not finding ways for my insurance company to take away my life insurance, I am probably at my desk immersed in world building. Because one thing that gets me almost as excited as going 40 mph down blacktop on my bike is developing fiction stories. It is a way I can transport myself into another world—a world that I can't physically touch, but one I can see and describe to others through words. Because that is what reading and writing is all about, right? Words. Finding a way to organize them so they make sense and speak to us—finding a way to escape our lives and for sometimes only an hour, live in a characters world. Walk in their shoes. Experience what they experience. But enough about that. You are probably wondering what I have written, right?

My debut novel, The Biomass Revolution was published on March 13th, 2013. It is the first in the Tisaian Chronicles. Squad 19, a short story recording the lives of several of the main characters from Biomass, found a home on Amazon, June 14th, 2013. Book two in the series is underway. I'm also working on a science fiction project called Orbs. More on that later.

When I'm not writing or racing I'm helping communities recover from disasters at my day job for Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management. I hold undergraduate degrees from the University of Iowa in Political Science and American Indian Studies and a graduate degree from Drake University in Public Policy.

I completed my first half-Ironman triathlon on April 7th, 2013 in Texas and my first full Ironman triathlon on June 23, 2013 in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho.

Link anything you read? For more info follow my trail of spilled ink at www.greatwaveink.com


No comments:

Post a Comment