Tuesday, 2 July 2013

When The Rain Turns Red....RUN


Extinction Point by Paul Antony Jones

I spent a lot of time pondering how many stars I was going to give this book. Why I loved the originality of the story and its main character there was something just not sitting with me. After thinking it over I realised that the book did not deliver in the fright department that other reviews allude to. This is one downside to reading reviews as they can colour your perception of the book.

Overall though I enjoyed this book and the tale it told. The end of civilisation and slow realisation of what the red rain brings. The main character is well developed and had me mentally shouting out to her "Just GO!!!!!". I look forward to the next book in the series as it has a lot of potential. A quick reminder to those reading this review, 3 stars still equal a good read. As end of the world books go this one is definitely worth a read.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment