Thursday, 15 August 2013

Do Believe The Hype!


American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Finally a book that has lived up to the hype surrounding it. American Gods deliver on many levels from the shear originality and entertainment of narrative to the critique of the American psyche and it’s addiction to all things new.

A story of gods old and new and of an ex-con who travels through America with his new mysterious employee that takes him backstage to a battle as old as man. The author delivers a narrative that twists and turns itself into a story that will stay with you long after the book is back on the shelf. The characters are vibrant and mesmerizing and although many are gods they are painfully real.

This book had so many OMG moments that I times I was dizzy with the lack of oxygen and I had to remind myself to breath. From the opening chapter to the closing sentence American Gods had me captivated

5 BIG STARS


No comments:

Post a Comment