Saturday, 14 September 2013

A Brutally Honest Read


I would like to start of this review by thanking the author for sharing his life and addiction with me the reader. This book is a great read full of honesty and personal insight, not being someone who has ever suffered from addiction it gave me a new perspective on it. This book takes us on a journey through the author's struggle with alcohol and the damage it caused both socially and health wise to his life. We go through the ups and down of being a slave to alcohol and trying to kick the addiction.

His journey takes to Thailand and a Buddhist monastery were he finds the tools to say goodbye to alcohol forever. The methods used are far from conventional and I must admit had me chuckling away at parts, but the results speak for themselves. An engaging read from start to finish I highly recommend and encourage everyone to read this book. 

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment