Thursday, 12 September 2013

Vampires But Not As You Know Them


The Strain delivers a fresh new angle on the Vampire genre. While I enjoyed the authors detail to the mechanics and biology of the "vampire virus" I felt it at times it slowed up the pace of the plot. There is a lot to like about this book from the mystery of the passenger plane to the story of a survivor of the Treblinka death camp. The author mixes numerous characters and sub plots into an enjoyable vampire romp.

So why only 3 stars? There was something about the story that kept me at arm's length and stopped me from fully immersing myself into it. What it was I cannot say, but it was there holding me back. Overall though I did enjoy this book but just not as much as I expected . I will be back to read the next book in the serious and hopefully I will be able to dive right into the story this time.
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment