Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Death By Black Hole...No Thank You.




Learning about the space has never been such fun. The author's enthusiasm for all things cosmic comes shining through in this book. As a person that has a passing interest in black holes, quasar and other stuff like that. This book provides a great crash course in all things spacey. I now feel a little bit smarter but I am also now in awe of the scientist t past and present that seek to unravel the secrets of our universe. 

The book is cut up nicely into sections dealing with individual subjects. I did find it a tad annoying that the authors amusing explanations of certain things repeated throughout the book. This to me tarnished this otherwise great read. I particularly liked how he pulled apart common misconceptions like the sun rises in the east and set in the west. Overall this is science delivered in a way us commoners can understand without dumbing it down too much. As for the title I for one am not in favour of meeting my end this way.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment