Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Safran Delivers a Different Kind of True Crime Book


It is fair to say John Safran likes stirring the pot. So it was with excited anticipation I opened his book. Instead of Safrans usual style he has delivered a surprisingly mature book. This book delivers two stories in one and this makes for some interesting reading. The first story is that of a White Supremacist that the author had some fun with in of his documentary series. This guy has been murdered so Safron travels to Mississippi to follow up the story. The other part of this book is about what he goes through in order to get the information to write the book.

I loved his interaction with the murderer and his method to do so, but this probably has a lot to do with the fact that I work in a prison. This book gives a great snapshot into what goes on in the big Sippi and I found myself captivated by the stories of the main players in this real life saga. This book does seem to get bogged down in too much detail at times and this is why I have given it the 3 stars. Overall though I strongly suggest anyone with a passing interest to give this book a read. It is a refreshingly new style of crime writing.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment