Wednesday, 15 January 2014

The First Zombie Novel Of The Year


 
Undead L.A is a great compilation of short stories relating to a zombie outbreak in L.A. I started reading this book with some trepidation. I mean the zombies in L.A bookshelf is a well-stocked one. All my concerns were swept aside by some damn fine writing and great character development.

This is the first novel I have read from Devan Sagliani and I will be back for some more. Each of the stories in this compilation is worthy of its own novel. For me the stand out story amongst them all was No One is Watching. This was great example of what can be achieved in a short story. Over the last couple of years I have come to embrace the short story be it either as a stand alone or in compilation form. It is a true art to be able to engage the reader and deliver a full story in this short form. Devan Saglini has mastered this form of writing.

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment