Friday, 17 January 2014

Well That Sucked


I went into this book expecting great things. What I got instead was a train wreck of a book. The plot and character development lazily wander their way through the pages. This ended up with me never really caring that much about either.
As for the ending of the book it was one of the worst ones I have read. The sense of disappointment and frustration as I read the last page was huge. After investing so much time in this book it felt like I was being forced to read the next book in the series just to get closure and some clarification of the first book.  I mean the author sent so much time building up to what promised to be an exciting conclusion only for it to end up people basically walking off into the setting sun.

This is the first time I have read a Hugo award winning novel that did not deliver. Let’s hope it is the last one. I for one will not be finding out what happens next as I really don’t care.

2 Stars


1 comment:

  1. Maybe The Fall of Hyperion sucked but Hyperion was better than I expected. I could almost like it.

    But it ain't science fiction. I would call it fantasy horror.

    ReplyDelete