Wednesday, 11 June 2014

A Fitting End To One Of The Best Series Of This Century




Dust is a fitting end to Hugh Howey's Silo Saga and what a journey it has been both in story and for the author. Hugh Howey started of the series with Wool a novella launched as an indie book an Amazon. From there Hugh Howey sky rocketed into the book world waving the indie flag all the way. Even though Hugh is now a major author for one of the top publishing companies,  he has never forgotten where he came from. So major kudos and a tip of the hat to Mr Howey.

Now with that bit of history out of the way what do I think about Dust. As mentioned at the start I found this book a suitable ending to the series. It was my least favorite book in the series though. It may be because I left to long between the books, but I found this story harder to get into. The characters and world was familiar but it took me a while to get into the grove. But when I did I was rewarded with the usual compelling story telling I have come to expect from this author.

As I let the dust the settle (bad pun intended)  I already have Hugh's next offering sitting on my bedside table begging to be read. For those of you not yet familiar with this great author’s work I can only implore you to give him a go.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment