Wednesday, 30 July 2014

A Train Wreck Of A Book


It is very rare that I hand out a one star review but this book is a train wreck. The author alternates chapters between his story and the history of amphetamines. While this might have been good in concept in reality it just annoyed the hell out of me. Every time I started to get into the narrative I was ripped away into this separate tangent. It was very jarring and allowed no flow to the narrative.
As for the'actual' story this is where the real train wreck occurs. It jumps all over the place and has no flow what so ever. The editing is atrocious and really impacts on the readability of the story. For example during one passage the story jumps from one scene to the next, excuse me a new paragraph would have been nice.  This book is only the second one I have never been able finish and this is a shame because the story had so much potential. It highlights the danger of quality control the self-publishing movement can bring.
1 Star

No comments:

Post a Comment