Sunday, 7 September 2014

An Outstanding Example of Modern Storytelling






I went into this book with an open mind due to the very mixed review it has received. I am happy to say I have allied myself with those who loved this book. Right from the outset I was extremely impressed with the mechanics of the narrative. The story is told via the author of a non-fiction book based on the events of the main narrative. It uses interviews, transcripts, recordings and personal insight to deliver the tale.  It flows very well and gives great detail to each of the individual story arcs.

The narrative pulls you along as you keep waiting for the weirdness to start. The book gives a very creepy and spine-chilling feel via the subtleness of the evil that lurks below. It gets you really thinking about what is going on. The book allows you to make up your own mind and explore many conspiracies around the central story.

The end of this book has caused the most discussions among fellow reviewers and for me it was the perfect ending. Yes it creates more questions than answers but for me this is what this book is all about. It takes the reader outside of what is written on the pages and engages you on many levels.

5 Stars, LBR Tick of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment