Friday, 7 November 2014

Hugh Howey the Short Version

This review see's the return of the short story and one of the most exciting authors to burst out of the Indie scene Hugh Howey. I have been very impressed by Hugh Howey and how despite his recent stellar success still has time to lend a hand to aspiring authors.
 
 

Can Hugh Howey do no wrong?  What he has managed to deliver in a mere 5,000 words is brilliant. He has turned this book into a Tardis by packing so much content into the pages. I was left feeling exhausted ater reading this book, and like any good workout man did it feel good.
 
By being in danger of having a review longer than the book I shall keep this review short. If you have a spare 30 minutes  invest it in this story and be thorouhgly entertained.
 
 
 
I read this book back to back with the authors other short story Glitch. I found myself once again  astounded at the content packed into this short read.
 
The books plot and character develpment is very impressive. Howey manages to imerse us into an alien culture and mindset in no time. This allows for a very full narative that tells a intriguing storyline that had me chuckling away at times.
 
 
Combined together I give these books 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment