Thursday, 6 November 2014

Lets Go Back To The Beginning

I have decided to go right back to when I first started this blog to re post a book that still has me revisiting it in my imagination. This book is another great example of Indie writing but also shows how competitive the market is. In my opinion it is one of the best books I have read but alas does not seem to have sold well. So why not give it a read, at under $2 it is a insane bargain.



This is a difficult review to write as I don't want to pepper it with clich├ęs and superlatives. But this book is epic in every sense of the word .

Aimery Thomas takes into a post-apocalyptic world were a dystopian society lives on lies and manipulation of a trusted few. All appears good on the surface but just beneath there is a more sinister and darker side. A cast of well-developed characters takes on a wild ride building up to a thrilling ending.

Yes the story does seem familiar in places and yes it is a long read. But the complexity of the story and the world the author build upon the pages had me enthralled all the way to the end. I wait expectantly for the next installment of this epic saga. If you read only one book this year make it this one.

5 Stars, LBR Tick of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment