Sunday, 18 January 2015

Fade To Black (once again not a Metallica song)

 
This book drops you right in the deep end feet first and leaves you to sink or swim. It took me a couple of chapters to get into this book as there is a lot going on, but once I did I was hooked.

The main character in this book has picked up a bad habitat of lately, he keeps having seizures. These seizures enter him into a dream world in which he inevitably ends up strangled to death. No matter what he does differently in the dream the end is always the same. If this was not bad enough these dreams have connected him to some sort of strange underworld and someone in it wants him dead for real.

This story has a great mix of characters that are at times uncomfortably familiar. Once I got into the grove of the story I found it very engaging. I have on complaint though I am not a big fan of a book that ends with more questions than answers. Yes I know it is a part of series but the book by itself does not feel complete. But putting that aside Fade to Black is a jolly good read.
                    
3.5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment