Thursday, 15 January 2015

Glitch Revisited(Audible Version)

A couple of months ago I reviewed Hugh Howey's short story Glitch. Today I am going to revisit this book but this time in it's Audible format.



I am a sucker for unabridged audiobooks some would even say I am a tad obsessed with them. I have over 200 audiobooks in my collection and listen to them whilst cooking, driving, mowing, doing the dishes and walking the dogs. So it was great excitement I received a free copy of one of my favourite authors short story. 
 
This was the first time I have attempted a short story in this format and I found it very enjoyable. Running at 30 minutes it is just the right length to listen to it one go. Having already read the story I already had a pre-conceived idea on the voices of the main characters. This is always the danger of listening to a book after reading it as it can be hard to get into the book as the characters do not sound right. I am happy to report that Gabra Zackman of Law & Order fame does a great job in her reading of this story.

Overall I found that this audiobook experience only enhanced my enjoyment of Glitch. If you have yet to try out this format Glitch is a great place to start you will get more than your money’s worth from the experience.
5 Headphones



No comments:

Post a Comment