Sunday, 19 April 2015

Bite Sized Fun



Hell Island sees my first foray into the works of Matthew Reilly, which as a fellow Australian really is not good enough. I decided on trying this bite sized read first  after several friends recommended it.

I have to say the book did not WOW me as much as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong all the elements for a great action read where present but the premise of the story as a whole seemed a bit tired to me.

It was like I had read it or seen it play out on the Silver screen before. What was written on the page was definitely a page turner if not a tad predictable. This did disappoint me but at the end of the day I was overall entertained. I think that to get a better feel for this author it is time to try one of his more substantial works.
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment