Sunday, 28 June 2015

A Must Read For History Buffs

 
This book is hands down one of the best biographies I have read. Warren Kozak has done a masterful job in creating this highly readable book on the life of Curtis Lemay.

I must say I have had this book for a while putting it on the back burners as I thought it might be a bit of heavy reading. After blowing away the cobwebs I was very quickly drawn into the life of one of the most misunderstood and maligned American Generals of the 20th Century.

I like many thought this man to be a megalomaniac hell bent on bombing the World back into the “stone ages”. What I found was a very intelligent man with great analytical minds who lead from the front and changed the face of aerial bombing for ever.

I have taken many a lesson away from this book and now have a completely different via of the man. This book is for anyone with an interest in the modern air force and is a very accessible book. In my humble opinion this book is history writing at its finest.
 
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment