Monday, 22 June 2015

Deadly Obsession

 
The Lost City of Z tells a cautionary tale of obsession and the search for the fable Lost City of Z. The author does a great job of mixing the past and the here and now to deliver a spellbinding read.

I came into this book with not much knowledge on the exploration of the Amazon and was fascinated by the stories told. I had no idea about the Fawcett and the legend that had developed around him and his disappearance.

I must say that after reading about the hardships faced by those entering the Amazon it is the last placed I want to go to. So I shook my head in disbelief as the author set out to chase down the fate of Fawcett and finally find a conclusion in the deadly jungle.

The end of the book for me came a little abruptly but the revelation was staggering. Overall this book is an excellent read and the author has done a great bit of investigative writing.
 
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment