Monday, 15 June 2015

The Master Returns

 
The Border sees yet another fantastic piece of writing from Robert McCammon. Once again he drops us into a post-apocalyptic world in which humankind is just surviving. Two battling alien races have all but destroyed the planet and have scant regard for those occupying it.
It is into this world we are thrown head first and it does not take long for the story to take hold of you. The character development is well balanced and does not get in the way of the tale being told. A tale that is well thought out that easily picks up and takes the reader along for the ride.

As an audiobook production I could not fault the reading. Fred Berman does a great job narrating and it made this book a very enjoyable experience.

What really stood out for me with this book was the finish. I at first did not know what to make of it, it left me feeling very perplexed. But after a couple of readings and much thought I can only say it is one the most perfect and sublimes finishes I have read.
 
4 Headphones
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Robert McCammon is perhaps my favorite author. I find many of his stories spiritually uplifting. I haven't read this one yet, but hope to very soon.

    ReplyDelete