Thursday, 7 January 2016

Dead Mountain

 
Dead Mountain tells the story of a group of young experienced Russian hikers journey to the Urals which ended up in their mysterious death on Dead Mountain in 1959. Like all stories that come from the Soviet Union during this time it is a tale surround in mystery, conspiracies ans secrecy.

Like many until laying my eyes on this book I had not heard of the Dyatlov Pass Incident but I was soon pulled into this true tale of tragedy on mystery. The author has taken a lot of time in investigating this story and visiting the key sites in his search for the truth. The book is a great mix of history and the authors journey into Russia to seek out the truth.

While Donnie Eichar takes great pains to try and explain the deaths of these young hikers in the end the mystery remains. What I really like about this book is that it has given me exposure to a part of history I had no ideas about and that for me is what reading is about.
 
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment