Saturday, 12 March 2016

Scalzi Rules


I am pretty sure I have said this before but I am happy to say it again. I am a massive fan of John Scalzi!!!! The question I am asking myself is why oh why did it take me so long to pick up and read Old Man's War.

Scalzi has hit the mark again with an engaging and original plot the rockets through the pages. His mastery of balancing humor with action is once again spot on. This book tells the tale of Senior Citizens nearing the end of their lives signing up to the Colonial Defense Force. This involves them leaving their homes never to see earth or loved ones again. Why would they do this I hear you cry? For a chance to reborn young again and live out new lives....if they can survive their time in the forces that is.

If that has not got you excited I don't know what will. The master of Sci-Fi has once again has shown why he is one of the best. This is a book that will make you laugh all whilst having you sitting on the edge of your seat. This is one series I intend to dive head first into and you should do the same.

5 BIG Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment