Saturday, 28 May 2016

Burglar's Guide to the City



A Burglar's Guide to the City takes an Architects view into breaking into building. In doing this it also touches on City planning and the part it plays in assisting the criminals.

I found this book absolutely fascinating and the research the author put into was evident throughout the entire book. I like the flow of the narrative and the chapters flowed seamlessly into each other. Geoff Manaugh takes great care to not glorify the subject matter and reminds readers of the devastation such crime can cause people.
After reading this book my eyes are open to city design and my spatial awareness is at a new high. The lengths some master burglars go to is truly outstanding and their creativity is equally amazing. A great read that I highly recommend to all.

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment