Saturday, 27 August 2016

Livingstone I Presume



Into Africa tells the story of Dr Livingstone and the search for him which leads to Stanley's immortal line "Dr Livingstone I Presume". The story also is a look at what the world was like in the Golden Age of Exploration and the fame that was placed on those exploring.

Like many my knowledge of Stanley & Livingstone was very basic, one got lost and the other found him somewhere in Africa. While this is the very basic premise of the tale as always the real story is in the details. While the story was fascinating I found the writing a bit stilted in places and this caused my interest to wain at times. Overall an interesting read and I am very pleased that I now know more about this iconic piece of history.

3 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment